Asturias airport (OVD) is in Santiago del Monte, 30 mins away from the city (using A8 dual highway). It has direct flights to and from Geneva, Lisbon, London-Gatwick, London-Heathrow, London-Standsted, Munich, Paris and Venice, and stopover flights to other worldwide destinations via Madrid and Barcelona.
There are three options to reach the city from the airport:
- ALSA coaches (7:00 AM to 23:20 PM, est. 8 €)
- Airport taxi rank (est. 60-70 €)
- Car hire (several firms operate from the airport)
RENFE connects Oviedo with the rest of Spain. It offers conference delegates a 30% reduction in their tariffs – conditions apply. Please contact the organizers via firstname.lastname@example.org before purchasing your train ticket.
Oviedo is well connected via A8 and A66 dual highways to the rest of the North of Spain, as well as Madrid. In addition, these also connect to other interesting cities in the region (sea-side Gijón and industrial Avilés) are just 30 minutes away.
Oviedo has a wide variety of lodgings, from family-run hostels to 5-star hotels. A reduction and/or special fares are available for Conference attendees:
- Ayre Ramiro I (buffet breakfast inclusive; private parking optional, 11€ VAT inc. per day) – Reservation Form in English [PDF] Free cancellation until 24 hours prior to check-in date.
- Ibis Oviedo (breakfast inclusive; free on-street parking) – Information [PDF]
- Hotel Fruela (city centre; breakfast inclusive; opt-in private parking with valet service, 13€ VAT inc. per day) – Information [PDF]